This product is not currently available.
Wine 101: Petite Sirah Even though this grape originated in France, Northern California is where petite sirah is embraced and most artfully expressed. Called "petite" because of the small size of the grapes, this juice develops big, beautiful tannins from the fruit's high skin-to-juice ratio. Originally developed in the 1870s in France's Rhône Valley, petite sirah never really caught on in France; today it thrives in California's relatively drier climate from Mendocino Valley all the way south to the Mexican border.
Nose, palate and pairing:This wine has black berries, black pepper and warm spices on the nose. It's big and juicy on the palate with notes of cocoa and herbs throughout. Because of its bold tannins, this full-bodied red can stand up to powerful meats like a 30-day dry aged steak.
Varietals: 100% Petite Sirah
Appellation: Napa, California
To saunter means to move at a leisurely pace, and that is exactly that attitude that inspired this small-production winery. Proprietors Heather and Josh Clark share a passion for wine and winemaking, and work with one of Napa's most sought-after winemakers, Thomas Rivers Brown, to create tiny amounts of artisanal wine.
When necessary, your wine will be shipped in a temperature-controlled, refrigerated truck to a carrier hub close to you. You will receive tracking information once your wine leaves the carrier hub.
We Love This With
If you follow Jordan's advice, you're off to a good start in making a great impression. To bring the rest of your A game, pair this bottle with, well, game! The bold flavors of this wine make a great companion to rich meat; we love it with an elk strip loin or gorgeous rack of venison.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Saunter Wines which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, LA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, NC, NE, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, RI, SC, TN, TX, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Use and Care
- Drink now through 2020
- Store at 50-60 F
- Serve at 55-65 F
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.