$1.00 - $9.95
May 30 2013 - Jun 5 2013
92 points, Wine Enthusiast
When we think of 4th of July, we think Red, White and Rosé. This American classic was grown in California's gorgeous Russian River valley, where pinot noir and chardonnay thrive. Bone dry with aromatics of red summer berries, tart lemon curd, and toasted brioche, this Brut rosé balances beautifully with charcuterie like prosciutto and melon and grilled meats.
Iron Horse employs the highest quality of traditional winemaking methodology, and they're regarded as one of the most important sparkling producers in the country. All grapes are hand-harvested and the pinot is cold-soaked to preserve the wine's fresh, strawberry notes.
Varietals: 81% Pinot Noir, 19% Chardonnay
Nose: Fresh strawberry and lemon
Palate: Red berries, citrus and warm yeast
Appellation: Russian River Valley, Sonoma, CA
Steeped in the history of California wine country, Iron Horse has not only played a pivotal role in American wine culture, but also in the politics of our country. Iron Horse has been served at the White House for the past five presidential administrations, including the Summit Meetings that ended the Cold War.
Once your order is processed, your wine will be shipped ground.
We Love This With
Few things say "party" like a bottle of sparkling Brut rosé and a whole dry-cured Spanish ham. Pop the cork on this Russian River beauty and serve it with a festive centerpiece like D’Artagnan’s Mangalitsa Ham. This rare breed is beloved by top chefs at restaurants like New York's Colicchio & Sons and Bar Boulud. We can't think of a better way to celebrate.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Iron Horse Ranch and Vineyards which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AK, CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IN, LA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, NC, NE, NV, NY, OH, OR, SC, TN, TX, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Use and Care
- Drink now through 2015
- Store at 50 – 60°F
- Serve at 47 – 55°F
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.