This product is not currently available.
Nose, palate and pairing: Layered with aromas of kirsch, red currants, and a dash of white pepper, this Brut Rosé is vibrant and fresh, an ideal aperitif that makes the mouth water. Try it with grilled lobster, duck rillettes, or even with brunch (especially if crisp bacon is on the table).
The backstory: Once a year, nearly 130 family-owned growers gather at the Chassenay d’Arce cooperative, combining the fruits of their labor to make this pretty pink cuvée. Their methodology is nearly as old as the Champagne appellation itself. In a sense, wines like this are the local, greenmarket alternative to the big-name Champagne brands.
Varietals: 65% Pinot Noir, 35% Chardonnay
Nose: Layers of red fruits, kirsch, and anise
Appellation: Champagne A.O.C.
Since 1956, nearly 130 family-owned growers have gathered at Chassenay d’Arce to make the house cuvées and single-varietal Champagnes. At the heart of this cooperative—310 hectares of vineyards located near the border of Champagne and Burgundy—is a grand old mansion built from local stones.
Once your order is processed, your wine will be shipped ground.
We Love This With
With aromas of kirsch, stones, cassis and red fruit, this Brut Rosé is delicate enough for oysters and canapés but squares its shoulders against a meatier meal, especially one involving pork: Bacon is fantastic with a good rosé Champagne, as are honey-baked ham, pork sliders, and this fantastic European-style dried sausage assortment.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Wine.com which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AK, AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, HI, ID, IL, KS, MD, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SD, TN, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Use and Care
- Drink now through 2015
- Store at 50 - 60 F
- Serve at 47 - 50 F
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.