This product is not currently available.
Delicate and fragrant, this Champagne from the famed Chassenay d’Arce cooperative is a local prize. A cooperative of nearly 130 family-owned growers gathers annually to combine the fruits of their labors—a method nearly as old as the Champagne appellation itself. The result is a seductive vintage Champagne, with a bouquet of petals and white peaches. In the mouth, it’s more forward, adding layers of buttered brioche, minerals and pear. The mousse—the French word for the froth at the top of a glass of Champagne—is creamy, and is followed by a lingering, lip-smacking finish.
Nose:Flower petals, Acacia wood, white peaches
Palate:Delicate bubbles, round texture, brioche
Since 1956, nearly 130 family-owned growers have gathered at Chassenay d’Arce to make the house cuvées and single-varietal Champagnes. At the heart of this cooperative—310 hectares of vineyards located near the border of Champagne and Burgundy—is a grand old mansion built from local stones.
Once your order is processed, your wine will be shipped ground.
We Love This With
Its discreet minerality combined with notes of acacia wood, butter and pear make this Blanc de Blancs a lively companion for all manner of seafood, from a fold of smoked salmon topped with crème fraîche to pan-seared octopus tendrils drizzled with lemon. As for us, we’ll take our bottle of Blanc de Blancs with an icy platter of briny Hama Hama Blue Pool Oysters, whose velvety flesh has a slightly sweet finish.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Wine.com which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, HI, ID, IL, KS, MD, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SD, TN, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Use and Care
- Drink now through 2013
- Store at 50 - 60 F
- Serve at 47 - 50 F
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.