This product is not currently available.
Why to buy: This Dolcetto d'Alba is an excellent-quality table wine that gives a glimpse of the winemaking traditions in this historic region. For under $25, you'll get intense berry fruits and beautifully balanced tannins – a flavor profile mirroring its pricier siblings, Barolo and Barbaresco, but at a bargain.
Nose, palate and pairing: Brimming with aromas of lavender and violets, and flavors of wild red berries, juicy cherries, and hints of almond, we love this wine with classics of the region: antipasti, fresh pasta and roasted lamb.
The backstory: The green, misty hills of the Langhe region of Piedmont undulate in waves as far as the eye can see. Dotted with castles and vineyards, it looks like one of those far away fairytale lands. The Ada Nada family fell in love with this landscape in 1919, and have been producing wines evocative of the region ever since.
Varietals: 100% Dolcetto
Nose: Notes of red berries and cherries and licorice
Palate: Bing cherries, wild raspberries and notes of candied licorice
Appellation: Langhe, Piedmont, Italy
Giancarlo Nada acquired his first parcel of vineyard land in 1919 in the Rombone Region of Piedmont. His passion for winegrowing has since been passed down through several generations, with the current proprietors Annalisa and her husband Elvio, managing the four acres of vineyards.
Once your order is processed, your wine will be shipped ground.
We Love This With
Of the three dominant red wines of Piedmont, the Dolcetto varietal is the lightest and most approachable. Dolcetto is a perfect week night companion: She loves a steaming bowl of al dente pasta slick with garlicky, homemade tomato sauce, croutons of pancetta strewn throughout and a little freshly grated parm on top. Snuggle up with your pup and you have a perfect evening, the three of you.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Wine.com which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, HI, ID, IL, KS, MD, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SD, TN, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Use and Care
- Drink now through 2013
- Store at 50-60 F
- Serve at 55-65 F
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.