This product is not currently available.
Varietals: 100% Nebbiolo
Nose: Dried rose petals, cherries, leather and spice
Palate: Spiced cherries and plums, dried flowers and notes of leather linger long past the last sip
Appellation: Barolo, Piedmont, Italy
This small 12 acre winery is located in the heart of Barolo. Family-operated for three generations, the current winemaker and enologist is Federico Scarzello. Federico continues to improve the quality of the wines using mostly traditional cultivation and winemaking techniques. His 1999 Barolo ‘Vigna Merenda’ won the Tre Bicchieri award.
Once your order is processed, your wine will be shipped ground.
We Love This With
Although we would have a glorious time drinking Vigna Merenda nibbling on a hunk of blue cheese or a wedge of Pecorino, this wine has power over more than cheese. We suggest you pull out all the stops, and pair this with a centerpiece of rosemary rubbed rack of lamb, a side of truffle risotto and four or five of your nearest and dearest. Your dinner guests will be counting the ways they love you.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Wine.com which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, HI, ID, IL, KS, MD, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SD, TN, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Use and Care
- Drink now through 2018
- Store at 50 - 60 F
- Serve at 55 - 65 F
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.