This product is not currently available.
Here’s what you get:
- One 6 oz round of Bonne Bouche
- 1/2 lb of Garrotxa
- 1/2 lb of aged goat Gouda
- 4 oz of Vermont Butter and Cheese Creamery goat cheese
- 4 oz of Vermont Butter and Cheese Creamery herb goat cheese
- 5.5 oz of Panzanella original crackers
Murray's Cheese, owned by Rob Kaufelt, is not only one of the country's oldest cheese distributors, but also one of its finest affineurs, or cheese finishers. Cheesemakers from around the world entrust their wares to Murray's, which fine-tunes and finishes them in the company's Greenwich Village caves.
All of Murray's cheeses are cut to order and wrapped in cheese paper. This cheese will be shipped overnight and specially packaged in a box with an insulated liner designed to prevent damage. All perishable orders are packed with non-toxic, re-useable frozen gel packs. Murray's ships Tuesday through Thursday. After your order is processed, you will receive an email from Gilt Taste notifying you of the ship date.
Why We Love It
Tony Bourdain and Alice Waters both love Murray's Cheese. Thanks to Murray's famous cheese caves, where an affineur (a procedure specialist) brushes wheels with wines and beers, turns them, and wraps them in various leaves. The result? Some of the best cheese in the country.
You Need to Know
Use and Care
- Arrives prepared
- Refrigerate upon arrival
- Murray's recommends taking cheese out of the fridge an hour before eating—it is best enjoyed at room temperature
- Re-wrap unfinished cheese back in the cheese paper or wax paper and store in the refrigerator
- Murray's recommends the vegetable crisper, slightly warmer and moister than the rest of the fridge, to store your cheese
- Cheese needs to breathe—do not wrap it in plastic wrap
- Blue cheese will remain fresh for 14-20 days if properly stored
Method of Production
- Made from raw cow’s milk with animal rennet
- Aged for 2-4 months
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.