May 22 2013 - May 29 2013
Why to buy: With winemaking queen Heidi Barrett at the helm, this wine was crafted to reflect the characteristics of Lamborn’s mountainside vineyard; it’s elegant with zinfandel’s trademark pepper and spice. We love this wine because it’s both food-friendly and fantastic on its own.
Nose, palate and pairing:Aromas of raspberry, black cherry and plum give way to subtle oak on the palate and a long, spicy finish. This wine is stunning without food, but it also pairs beautifully with anything you bring home from the butcher, tomato-based pasta dishes and grilled fish.
Backstory: In 2008, Napa experienced its worst frost in 30 years and farmers lost almost 35% of their crops. Luckily, Lamborn’s vineyards were spared from severe damage when the cold air spilled right over into the valley below. This 26th release of Lamborn’s Zin is as iconic as the previous vintages and tells great story of survival.
Appellation: Howell Mountain, Napa Valley, California
This story is one of major trial and tribulation. The winery was a product of one man, Bob Lamborn, who followed his pursuit of happiness in 1971. In 1991, the winery was devastated by the massive Oakland Firestorm but Lamborn rose from the ashes, and with the help of famed winemaker Heidi Barrett, reestablished itself on Howell Mountain.
Once your order is processed, your wine will be shipped 2nd day air.
We Love This With
Zinfandels are known to be incredibly jammy, with notes of raspberry and black cherry. However the best have a subtly spicy finish that works so well with cured meat and French-style charcuterie.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Amuse Bouche which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, GA, ID, KS, LA, ME, MI, MN, MO, NC, ND, NH, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, TX, VT, WA, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Use and Care
- Drink now through 2018
- Store at 50 – 55°F
- Serve at 55 – 65°F
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.