May 22 2013 - May 29 2013
We can’t speak highly enough of the 2005 vintage in Bordeaux, and the Chateau La Gaffeliere Saint- Emilion encapsulates many of the qualities that make the year’s wines so great. Although this selection is explosively rich, there’s great balance here, with an elegance that keeps the full-bodied flavor in check. It’s a wine that cries out for a large, decadent piece of meat.
Varietals: 80% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon and 10% Cabernet Franc Nose: Blackberry, smoked meat, incense, espresso notes
Palate: Blackberry, Creme de cassis, spice
Appellation: Saint- Emilion, Bordeaux, France
Château La Gaffelière’s vines date back to the Gallo-Roman era, and the De Malet Roqueforts have owned the property for the last 400 years. The vineyard faces south, so the grapes get plenty of sunshine and come off the vine at peak ripeness.
Once your order is processed, your wine will be shipped ground.
We Love This With
There’s no debate here: This bold-yet-elegant wine is built for red meat. The Tomahawk ribeye, a jaw-dropping two-and-a-half-inch-thick cut of marbled Angus beef, will do nicely. The hormone-free steak comes with its dramatically arched rib bone attached (Fred Flintstone would approve) and has a lush, earthy flavor that stands up perfectly to the Château La Gaffelière Saint- Émilion.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Wine.com which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, HI, ID, IL, KS, MD, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SD, TN, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Use and Care
- Drink now through 2025
- Store at 50 -60 F
- Serve at 55-65 F
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.