This product is not currently available.
Sauternes is a region outside Bordeaux that has misty mornings and sunny afternoons. In this micro-climate grows a fungus—botrytis cinerea, aka “Noble Rot”—that attacks very ripe grapes and shrivels them into tiny sugary orbs. The sweet, fermented juice pressed from these grapes is used to produce the legendary dessert wines of Sauternes. Very few places in the world have the micro-climate to produce this wine, and only small batches can be produced as each grape yields a tiny volume of juice.
Château Rabaud-Promis received Premier Grand Cru classification in 1855, and has proved worthy of the honor ever since. Crafting beautiful expressions of the unique terroir, the ripe fruit and nuances of oak create a powerful, age-worthy bottle. We love this viscous, honeyed vintage not only with rich desserts and earthy cheeses, but (surprise!) with spicy Dungeness crab.
Varietals: 80% Semillon, 18% Sauvignon Blanc, 2% Muscadelle
Nose: Crème brulee, caramel, honey, candied citrus
Palate: Voluptuous and sweet, filled with caramelized citrus, honey, tropical fruit and notes of oak
Alcohol: 13.5 %
Appellation: Sauternes, Bordeaux, France
Rabaud-Promis was originally part of Château-Rabaud, but they were later divided into two different properties. Philippe Déjean was appointed as manager in 1974 and he was a catalyst for positive change in the 1er Cru Classé Château. He improved vineyard techniques, cut yields and introduced a rigorous selection procedure at harvest time.
Once your order is processed, your wine will be shipped ground.
We Love This With
Dessert wines are particularly harmonious partners to spicy, exotic foods like sticky-sweet Thai or Malaysian marinades. We think the Château Rabaud is a gorgeous match with an Asian-style Dungeness Crab. Salty, sweet, unctuous notes in a five-spice, ginger and garlic marinade would dance across the tongue with a swirl of Rabuad in the mouth.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Wine.com which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, HI, ID, IL, KS, MD, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SD, TN, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Use and Care
- Best after 2013
- Store at 45-55 F
- Serve at 45-55 F
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.