This product is not currently available.
Rich, intense and utterly delicious, this wine produced by the highly regarded Chateau Pavie (the largest Grand Cru Classe in St.-Emilion) consistently draw us in with its lush fruits and balanced tannins. Although 2004 wasn’t a hallmark year for the region generally, this well-crafted stunner will develop in the bottle for many years, and is a fabulous gift for the picky wine aficionado.
Varietals:70% Merlot, 20% Cabernet Franc, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon
Nose: Blackberry, blueberry, crushed rock, truffle, vanilla
Palate:Blackberry, sour cherry, oak, pepper
Appellation: Saint-Emilion, Bordeaux, France
Château Pavie is one of the oldest estates in St-Émilion. The first vines were planted in the 4th century, but winemaking began there in the 19th century. The name Pavie, derived from “pavies”, describes the deeply colored peaches that once grew on the site. Today Pavie is admired for its ripe, palate-saturating and lushly tannic wines.
Once your order is processed, your wine will be shipped ground.
We Love This With
Like Château Pavie wines, the tender cuts of meat sourced from the legendary Nilgai and Black Buck antelope are rich in history and flavor. These antelope now freely graze on the Texas prairie, their newly adapted home since leaving their ancestors behind on the plains of India and Pakistan. Best served at medium rare, this dark red meat is delicious when quickly seared with fresh black peppercorns and paired with the vibrant Château Pavie.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Wine.com which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, HI, ID, IL, KS, MD, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SD, TN, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Use and Care
- Drink now through 2025
- Store at 50-60 F
- Serve at 55-65 F
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.