This product is not currently available.
The Watermark Howell Mountain is a beautiful example how a softer, more feminine wine can be made from this AVA. Aged for 22 months in French oak barrels, this wine overflows with notes of ripe berries, cherries, tobacco and cedar, and we love it with a celebration cut like Chateaubriand.
Varietals: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
Nose: Ripe berries, cedar, tobacco and smoke
Palate: Follows the nose cherries and vanilla notes
Appellation: Howell Mountain, Napa, California
Phil Steinschriber has produced wines for over 25 years and is the current winemaker at Diamond Creek. Since branching out on his own in 2004, he has produced quality-minded wines. He believes wine is a living organism that evolves and changes over time, and that Mother Nature should be the star of the bottle.
Once your order is processed, your wine will be shipped ground.
We Love This With
Chateaubriand may sound like a fancy dinner idea, but this spectacular bone-in cut adds a hint of celebration to your standard Sunday roast. Rub with salt, pepper, smashed garlic and a sprinkling of fresh herbs, and roast until medium-rare. We think the Watermark Howell Mountain’ elegant fruit is a noble pairing for this classic dish, created by an 18th century French court chef
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Porthos which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, IA, ID, LA, MI, MO, NC, ND, NE, NM, NV, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, WA, WI, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Use and Care
- Drink now through 2020
- Store at 50-60 F
- Serve at 55-65 F
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.