This product is not currently available.
Varietals: 65% Merlot, 35% Cabernet Franc
Nose: Black fruits, spice and herbs
Palate: Blackberry, black cherry and wild herbs
Appellation: Saint-Emilion, Bordeaux, France
Chateau L’Hermitage is a small 9-acre site in St. Émilion. Sandwiched between some heavy-hitters in the region, such as Angelus, this David to the region’s Goliath produces powerful wines for its deceptively diminutive size. As a bonus, they’re available at a fraction of the price of the big boys.
Once your order is processed, your wine will be shipped ground.
Cocoa powder may seem unusual to pair with this stunning Bordeaux, but when used as a seasoning (rather than a sweet), cocoa lends a a deep, round, almost nutty flavor to beef, pork or chicken. Combined with chili pepper, peppercorns, and crushed garlic, cocoa deepens an otherwise simple spice rub. Think Mexican mole without the work.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Wine.com which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, HI, ID, IL, KS, MD, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SD, TN, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Use and Care
- Drink now through 2023
- Store at 50-60 F
- Serve at 55-65 F
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.