This product is not currently available.
Elizabeth Esqueda, Gilt Taste blind tasting panelist and Brooklyn Winery Sommelier
If you love the wines of St. Helena in Napa, and want the opportunity to try small-production wineries, then the Barbour Cabernet fits your profile. Crafted by critically-acclaimed winemaker Heidi Barrett (of Screaming Eagle and Dalla Valle fame), and the sole focus of father/daughter proprietors, this robust wine would be a unique match to antelope rib racks below, a curve ball your dinner guests would never see coming.
Varietals: 97% Cabernet Sauvignon, 3% Cabernet Franc
Nose: Dark plum, black currant, plum, raspberry, spicy caramel and a hint of floral
Palate: It follows through on the palate with a touch of cassis and brown earth, and nuances of oak
Appellation: St. Helena, Napa Valley, California
Jim Barbour is one of Napa Valley's leading viticulturalists and in his 30+ year career has planted and managed some of the Valley's most respected vineyards, including Hundred Acre, Grace Family and Blankiet. Jim worked with Heidi Barrett, of Screaming Eagle and Dalla Valle fame, to produce his 2008 Cabernet.
Once your order is processed, your wine will be shipped 2nd day air.
We Love This With
St. Helena Cabernets are classically full-bodied as a result of the endless sunny days in the valley. However, the Barbour bottling is unique since the winemaker threw in a touch of Cab Franc to balance the ripe flavors of the Cab Sauv. The gamey meat and beefy finish of a roasted rack of antelope ribs not only enhances the bottle, but it would certainly surprise your dinner guests. Just throw them on the grill or roast as you would a rack of lamb.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Amuse Bouche which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, GA, ID, KS, LA, ME, MI, MN, MO, NC, ND, NH, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, TX, VT, WA, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Use and Care
- Drink now through 2025
- Store at 50 - 60 F
- Serve at 55 - 65 F
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.