This product is not currently available.
2000 was an iconic year in Bordeaux. The vintage was near-perfect and produced some of the most highly sought-after wines to date. This little treasure which sommelier Jordan Salcito and Gilt Taste blind tasting panelist says is reminiscent of gumdrops, bruised apples and white flowers, with a great freshness, is simply wonderful with chilled summer soups.
Varietals: 70% Sauvignon Blanc, 30% Semillon
Nose: Bruised apple, candied pear, geraniums
Palate: Ripe apples, minerals, white flowers, corn, candied citrus
Appellation: Pessac-Leognan, Bordeaux, France
Chevalier is one of the last Bordeaux estates to use “Domaine” in its title. After the 1855 Classification, when only a handful of estates used the title “Château,” most wine estates followed suit and renamed their estate to sound prestigious. Domaine de Chevalier has kept their name and maintains the same traditions since inception.
Once your order is processed, your wine will be shipped ground.
We Love This With
Who says soup can only be enjoyed during the cold winter months? There is nothing more refreshing on a late summer day than a bowl of chilled fruit or vegetable soup with a glass of lightly chilled Bordeaux blanc. Our favorite? The lettuce soup! Yes, that’s right. Lettuce, in soup. Try it all with the gorgeous greens from Chef’s Garden’s seasonal assortment.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Wine.com which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, HI, ID, IL, KS, MD, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SD, TN, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Use and Care
- Drink now through 2015
- Store at 50 - 55 F
- Serve at 47 - 52 F
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.