This product is not currently available.
-Jordan Salcito, Sommelier and Gilt Taste Blind Tasting Panelist
This juicy, complex wine is perfect for California Pinot fanatics, and even those who claim to only drink Burgundy. Roessler "Gap's Crown" was a huge hit at the Gilt Wine blind tasting panel. With a miniscule production capped at only 248 cases, you might want to stockpile a few to enjoy throughout the year. We love it with the quail below.
Varietals: 100% Pinot Noir
Nose: Vanilla, nutmeg, tart cherry, raspberry and tobacco
Palate: Ripe red fruits, pie crust, tobacco notes and baking spices
Appellation: Sonoma Coast, California
Owned by two brothers -- one a restaurateur and the other a wine maker – Roessler Winery uses grapes from premiere appellations along the West Coast. What started as a venture to “buy a few grapes” and “make some wine” transformed into one of the region’s best Pinot Noir and Chardonnay producers.
When necessary, your wine will be shipped in a temperature-controlled, refrigerated truck to a carrier hub close to you. You will receive tracking information once your wine leaves the carrier hub.
We Love This With
When Sommelier Jordan Salcito says game-bird, we listen. These delicious quail from Cavendish Game Birds were reared by the Thompson Brothers, a sibling team who have been raising game since childhood. If you haven’t worked with quail before, there’s no need to worry – if you can roast or fry chicken, then you can double your pleasure with far more flavorful poultry. Follow Melissa Clark’s recipe (inspired by Daniel Boulud) for quail with spices and cherries, a deliciously wine-friendly combination.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Roessler Cellars which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AK, CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, KS, MD, ME, MI, MN, NC, NE, NH, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, SC, TN, TX, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Use and Care
- Drink now through 2017
- Store at 50 - 60 F
- Serve at 55 - 65 F
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.