This product is not currently available.
Delicious tart cherry fruit, sweet rhubarb, anise, tea and spice. This is a well-rounded wine with finesse.
- Lauren Mowery, Gilt Taste Wine Team
Freeman has become the hot new winery amongst collectors and elite restaurateurs, but the winemakers have remained grounded amongst all the praise, as their mission to create handcrafted Pinots remains the same. For the 2009 Sonoma Coast bottling, grapes were sourced from several top-flight local vineyards. The growing season was one of the latest harvest seasons on record, and the extended hangtime allowed the grapes long, even maturation perfect for ideal ripeness. While you can drink this Burgundian-style wine now, your patience will be rewarded with a few years of ageing. The solution? Purchase two. And for a unique pairing with this wine, see our fennel collection below.
Varietals: 100% Pinot Noir
Nose: Complex notes of sweet rhubarb, anise, sour cherry, tea leaves, raspberry and rose petals
Palate: Echoes the nose plus layers of strawberry and spice
Source: Sonoma Coast, California
Founded in 2001 by Ken and Akiko Freeman, Freeman Vineyard & Winery has emerged as one of California's most-acclaimed small wineries. Recognized for crafting cool-climate Pinot Noir and Chardonnay in a sophisticated Burgundian style, Freeman's wines are found in the finest restaurants, including the French Laundry and Daniel.
When necessary, your wine will be shipped in a temperature-controlled, refrigerated truck to a carrier hub close to you. You will receive tracking information once your wine leaves the carrier hub.
Laura Loves This With
Pinot Noir is a social butterfly, and her moderate tannins, alluring aromatics and vibrant flavors pair well with a wide range of foods. Our wine panelist Laura Maniec loves washing down an herby, succulent porchetta sandwich with a glass of this wine. She says pork and Pinot are an excellent combo: ""the body of the wine is generally in perfect balance with the lightness of the meat, and Pinot’s light to medium tannins provide just enough grip to cut through the fat without overwhelming it."
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Freeman Winery which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IN, LA, MI, MN, MO, NC, NE, NH, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, RI, SC, TN, TX, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Use and Care
- Drink 2012 - 2020
- Store at 50 - 60 F
- Serve at 55 - 65 F
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.