This product is not currently available.
- Elizabeth Esqueda, Gilt Taster and Brooklyn Winery Sommelier
Freeman wines have exploded onto the scene over the last few years, gracing the lists of Daniel, Alain Ducasse and French Laundry. The Freeman "Ryo-Fu" is the only Chardonnay offering from this up and coming winery, and they use the best of California Chard fruit to produce wines in the style of Burgundy. In fact, our panel of blind tasters couldn't decide if this was a Burgundy or California bottling; but it was a clear favorite amongst them all. The 2009 vintage yielded high-quality fruit, and the success of the season is evident in the bottle. This is a versatile food wine, but pairing this with the pork belly below makes for divine dining.
Varietals: 100% Chardonnay
Nose: Anise, peaches, lemons, anise and honey
Palate: Creamy palate, balanced acidity and flavors of candied citrus, peaches, minerals and a hint of creamed corn
Appellation: Russian River Valley, Sonoma, California
Founded in 2001 by Ken and Akiko Freeman, Freeman Vineyard & Winery has emerged as one of California's most-acclaimed small wineries. Recognized for crafting cool-climate Pinot Noir and Chardonnay in a sophisticated Burgundian style, Freeman's wines are found in the finest restaurants, including the French Laundry and Daniel.
When necessary, your wine will be shipped in a temperature-controlled, refrigerated truck to a carrier hub close to you. You will receive tracking information once your wine leaves the carrier hub.
We Love This With
Chardonnay and pork? Absolutely! As long as the body of your wine matches the weight and richness of the food, go for it. After all, pork IS the other white meat. This creamy, oak-kissed Ryo-Fu Chardonnay is big enough to drink with all kinds of porcine cuts. We are particularly fond of the pork belly from Becker Lane’s Organic Farm, cooked low and slow in the oven, and crisped on the grill.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Freeman Winery which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IN, LA, MI, MN, MO, NC, NE, NH, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, RI, SC, TN, TX, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Use and Care
- Drink now through 2016
- Store at 50 - 60 F
- Serve at 47 - 55 F
- 100% Chardonnay
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.