This product is not currently available.
Flowers, red fruit, baking spice and minerals. This is a beautiful wine with complexity and long length.
Elizabeth Esqueda, Gilt Taster and Sommelier at Brooklyn Winery
Two places in the world are consistently referenced as the best places to grow pinot noir Burgundy, France and Sonoma, California. In particular, the Russian River Valley of Sonoma produces outstanding versions, and the Keefer Ranch Pinot Noir is a prime example. The grapes are sourced from the single vineyard of Keefer Ranch in the Green Valley. The 2009 season was an excellent vintage; the growing conditions allowed for longer hang time and smaller yields than other years, translating into concentrated ripe fruit. Pick up a few bottles of this stunner; it was a favorite amongst panelists at the Gilt Wine Blind Tasting, and will be the highlight of your next dinner party. Even better, pair it with the Moroccan Lamb recipe below.
Varietals: 100% Pinot Noir
Nose: Raspberry, sweet spices, notes of rose petals
Palate: Floral notes with cinnamon, clove, juicy red fruits and minerals on the long, complex finish
Source: Russian River Valley, Sonoma, California
Founded in 2001 by Ken and Akiko Freeman, Freeman Vineyard & Winery has emerged as one of California's most-acclaimed small wineries. Recognized for crafting cool-climate Pinot Noir and Chardonnay in a sophisticated Burgundian style, Freeman's wines are found in the finest restaurants, including the French Laundry and Daniel.
When necessary, your wine will be shipped in a temperature-controlled, refrigerated truck to a carrier hub close to you. You will receive tracking information once your wine leaves the carrier hub.
We Love This With
Fred and Ginger. Bogart and Bacall. Hall and Oates. Gibson and Glover. Classic pairings, just like lamb and pinot noir. Melissa Clark’s recipe for Moroccan leg of lamb beautifully complements this Keefer Ranch bottling, highlighting the sweet spice, fruit and minerals in the wine.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Freeman Winery which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IN, LA, MI, MN, MO, NC, NE, NH, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, RI, SC, TN, TX, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Use and Care
- Drink now through 2019
- Store at 50 - 60 F
- Serve at 55 - 65 F
- 100% Pinot Noir
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.