This product is not currently available.
When I first tasted this wine, I was transported to one of the most beautiful parts of Napa Valley: Howell Mountain. The second time was with a big porterhouse steak which, as you can imagine, was a perfect pairing! Howell at the Moon captures it all: it is a strong, muscular wine with a balanced, long finish that is simply remarkable. - Jeffrey Meisel, Gilt Taste Wine Director
Why to buy: This a California Cab-lover's California Cab. Big, bold, fruit forward, luscious tannins. Break out the big-bowled Riedel stemware. It's time for a party.
Nose, palate and pairing: The 2007 vintage is an exemplar of wine from this region: full-bodied and deep in flavor, this wine can cellar for the next decade. If you're drinking now, pair with big flavors like grilled dry-aged steaks, roasted portabello mushrooms or peppery arugula salad with a toasted hazelnut vinaigrette.
The backstory: The Howell Mountain AVA of Napa is known for producing deep, dark, brambly tannic wines that are muscular and have the ability to age for years. Sarah Gott, the winemaker for Howell at the Moon, clearly knows her craft – she has a deft hand in the vineyard and winery, making a wine with finesse that is not overwhelmed by these mountain tannins.
Varietals: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
Nose: Bramble, blackberry, smoke and spice
Palate: Blackberry, cherry, tea, cocoa and cassis
Source: Howell Mountain, Napa Valley, California
In 2000, after several years of seeking the perfect site, Howell at the Moon was founded on a plot previously filled with apples and walnuts. Owner Marc Cohen rooted all the vines from scratch and thoroughly researched every aspect of the wine making process sparing no expense.
When necessary, your wine will be shipped in a temperature-controlled, refrigerated truck to a carrier hub close to you. You will receive tracking information once your wine leaves the carrier hub.
We Love This With
Howell at the Moon Cabernet Sauvignon? Check. Gorgeous, marbled steak? Check. Porcini mushroom salt? Yes, please. Of course, you’ll have to spend a few minutes putting this simple spice blend together, but the reward is a complex and earthy salt that you can smother all over your steak before it hits the coals. This recipe was made with the wine lover in mind, and we think you will agree.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Howell At The Moon which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AZ, CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, LA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, NC, NE, NH, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, RI, SC, TX, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Use and Care
- Drink now through 2021
- Store at 50 - 60 F
- Serve at 55 - 65 F
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.