This product is not currently available.
-Joy Kull, Gilt Taste Wine Team
Sometimes a single vineyard source doesn't do a vintage justice when you have the ability to tap multiple fruit sources. Blended with grapes from the most prestigious vineyard sites in Napa Yountville, Oakville and Howell Mountain, this 2009 showcases the heights of a great harvest. The micro-production red is a great example of a Bordeaux-influenced California Cabernet with subtle French oak and smooth tannins. Try pairing with the wild game jerky below (snack food for your next safari).
Varietals: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
Nose: Aromas of jammy cassis, wild currant, and earthy cacao
Palate: Intense and ripe wild currants, chocolate, earth and tobacco. Lush, silky tannins on the finish
Appellation: Napa Valley, California
In 2001 Tor Kenward started TOR Kenward Family Wines. Focusing on single vineyard Cabernet Sauvignons and Chardonnays, the winery works exclusively with small cooperage houses in France. "If we harvest what we consider world-class grapes, our job as winemakers is to stay out of the way,” says Kenward.
Once your order is processed, your wine will be shipped ground.
We Love This With
With a few more months of camping season left, what better way is there to “rough it” than with a few bottles of Tor Cabernet, a sack of buffalo and elk jerky and the open, starry sky above you on your air mattress? The jerky, from the game meat masters at Broadleaf, undergoes a unique drying process that retains the moisture and earthy flavors of the meat. Married with the fruity, chocolatey and loamy notes of the wine, we’ve found a pairing to keep you warm at night.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by TOR Kenward Family Wines which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AK, AZ, CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, ID, KS, LA, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NV, NY, OH, OR, TX, WA, WI
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Use and Care
- Drink now through 2031
- Store at 50 - 55 F
- Serve at 60 - 65 F
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.