This product is not currently available.
"This is shaping up to be epic. The Pinot-rich, vinous style that was evident in the 2000 is amped up here. Despite the intense, sumptuous fruit, there is plenty of underlying structure. This is going to be a fascinating Champagne to follow. Even today, it is compelling."
98 Points, Antonio Galloni, Robert Parker's Wine Advocate
Why to buy: The most sought-after, newest vintage of Dom Pérignon’s world-famous Rosé Champagne. After 9 years in the cellar, Dom Pérignon Rosé Vintage 2002 sharpens the paradoxes with this vibrant interpretation - ripe, rich and airy, mineral and sensual, ample and precise, inviting and mysterious. Beautifully persistent in the mouth, it deploys an airy yet powerful magnetism. A Rosé vintage has perhaps never gone so far and attained such heights. “With Dom Pérignon Rosé Vintage 2002, we reach for the stars,” says Chef de Cave, Richard Geoffroy. And, with its great potential for aging, it will become even more stellar over time.
The backstory: Dom Pérignon releases small quantities of their wines when they reach a peak in their quality, and each bottle is sought after by collectors world-wide. A 30-bottle vertical of the Dom Pérignon Rosé Œnothèque was sold at auction in 2010, setting the world record for a single lot of Champagne and as the first HK$1 million lot of wine Sotheby’s ever sold in Hong Kong.
Characteristics: The wine’s bouquet is lilting and luminous, with a wide spectrum dominated by an orange-red glow. This complexity becomes deeper and more somber in the finish, with hints of smoke and black cherry. The wine has an assertive presence and is remarkably tactile, with creamy fleshiness and caressing intensity. The feeling of fullness stretches out and sustains the sappy, vibrant, crystalline note.
Expected maturity: 2015-2032
Chef de Cave Richard Geoffroy, the scion of a long line of Côte des Blanc winegrowers, was born in the heart of Champagne country. Named Dom Pérignon’s Chef de Cave in 1990, Geoffroy has been watching over the destiny of this legendary wine ever since.
Once your order is processed, your wine will be shipped 2-day air.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Wine.com which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, IA, ID, IL, KS, LA, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, ND, NE, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.