This product is not currently available.
- Jeffrey Meisel, Gilt Taste Wine Director
Why to buy: At Movia, in a corner of the Collio known as Brda, Pinot Nero (aka Pinot Noir) ripens in such a way that surprises many for its ripeness, freshness and minerality. Ales Kristancic has a minimalist style that enables the fruit to shine through. His slow, gentle approach seems radical to some, but Ales wouldn’t see it any other way.
Characteristics: The 2007 vintage is a layered and complex Pinot Nero showcasing the mineral-rich terroir, layered with dark berries, wild herbs, and maritime aromas of the Adriatic sea to the south. Its palate follows suit with firm tannins that gently soften with exposure to air. Lean and savory, with aspects of pure cherries – red and black - mingled with earthiness and brightened by a lovely component of fresh mint that carries through in the finish.
Varietals: Pinot Nero
Nose: Aromatics of black cherry and wild herbs
Palate: Earthiness, touched by ripe cherry and mint
For over three centuries this family estate has been producing a wide range of magical wines from vineyards that straddle the border between Slovenia and Italy.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Wine.com which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, IA, ID, IL, KS, LA, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, ND, NE, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, RI, SC, SD, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.