This product is not currently available.
- Eric Asimov, The New York Times
“One of the best Prado Eneas Muga has produced." 94 points,
- Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate
Why to buy: There’s nothing like a magnum of wine to make an impression at a party, and this acclaimed, potent Gran Reserva Rioja from a renowned producer is no exception.
Characteristics: Aged in oak vats for 12 months, oak casks for at least 36 months, and 36 months minimum in the bottle, this 2004 Rioja is at its most gorgeous right now. Juicy ripe fruit dominates the nose, and over seven years of aging any sharp tannins have mellowed and been ideally integrated, along with subtle aromas of fresh leather. On the palate, this wine has a remarkable attack for a Rioja, taking over the whole mouth; the aftertaste is of tobacco fading to spices including cloves and black pepper. Tempranillo and garnacha grapes are fantastically food-friendly: Think lamb, game meats and crown roast of pork.
Varietals: 80% Tempranillo, 20% Garnacha, 10% Mazuelo and Graciano
Bodegas Muga is located in the historical Barrio de La Estación (railway station district) in Rioja, Spain. The 270,000 square foot facilities are made primarily from stone and oak, and are two centuries old.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Wine.com which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, IA, ID, IL, KS, LA, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, ND, NE, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, RI, SC, SD, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.