This product is not currently available.
- Eric Asimov, The New York Times
“Simply great Madeiras.” - Wine Enthusiast
Why to buy: Madeira is surging in popularity, in part because the great ones pair as well with steak as they do with chocolates. As Eric Asimov affirms in the Times, “what strikes me particularly about Madeira is how wonderful it can be with savory foods.” Made in the style of expensive vintage Madeira, this quartet is an affordable, delicious introduction to a great wine.
Characteristics: Unlike young Madeiras that have been aged and heated for three months, these wines have spent years or decades in large wooden barrels, subject to temperature swings that define the classic Madeira personality. Each wine is 85% the stated varietal, with the remaining 15% comprising 40-year-old Tinta Negro Mole, lending character. The “Charleston” Sercial shows strong acidity and nutty flavors, and is superb with a soup or cheese course. “Boston” Bual reveals classic notes of citrus peel and cinnamon—a lovely dessert pairing wine that is just as good with a fat steak. “New York” Malmsey is defined by toffee and caramel notes that make it wonderful with rich chocolate desserts, and “Savannah” Verdelho is sweet and acidic—fantastic with savory dishes.
Rare Wine Co. has been a major force behind Madeira's recent revival, introducing a new generation of wine lovers to the wonders of vintage Madeira. Teaming up with Vinhos Barbeito, they created a Historic Series of affordable Madeiras that reflect the complexity of great vintage wines.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Rare Wine Co which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AK, AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, RI, SC, SD, TN, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.