This product is not currently available.
- Stephen Tanzer's International Wine Cellar
“Alvaro Palacios [has] become something of a guru following his success in the Priorat region.”
- The New York Times
Why to buy: One of the best Spanish wines in the world, of which only 250 cases were made, is here offered for a limited time at an incredible price.
Characteristics: Alvaro Palacios’ most famous wine, the L’Ermita, earned a whopping 96 points from Stephen Tanzer's International Wine Cellar, and this vintage is sure to join those that preceded it as a critics’ favorite. Each old-vine Garnacha grape is de-stemmed by hand and attended to with utmost care. The resulting wine pours a deep, dark ruby, with a bouquet of dark berries, cola and cherries. Its intense minerality is balanaced by floral notes, spices, and smokiness. Any jamminess, dense and strong, is countered by a downright juicy acidity. Tannins build delicately to a minerally finish that is resounding in its clarity. This is a powerhouse of a wine.
Varietals: 100% old-vine Garnacha
One of nine children born to the owners of Rioja’s Palacios Remondo, Alvaro Palacios studied enology in Bordeaux at Ch. Pétrus. Today, his L’Ermita is widely considered one of the most important Spanish wines of the modern era.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Rare Wine Co which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AK, AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, RI, SC, SD, TN, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.