This product is not currently available.
- 94 points, Stephen Tanzer's International Wine Cellar
Why to buy: Only 175 cases of this beautiful ruby-hued Spanish red—featuring the distinctive, exotically fruity mencía grape—were made by one of the top Spanish vintners in the world.
Characteristics: Minerally notes of black raspberry, cola, cherries and spice—with the barest hint of lavender—dominate this berry-laden wine, and on the palate it reveals notes of star anise and dark chocolate. Its finish is wonderfully clear, lingering with the lightest evocation of flowers.
Varietals: 100% Mencía
One of nine children born to the owners of Rioja’s Palacios Remondo, Alvaro Palacios studied enology in Bordeaux at Ch. Pétrus. Today, his L’Ermita is widely considered one of the most important Spanish wines of the modern era.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Rare Wine Co which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AK, AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, RI, SC, SD, TN, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.