This product is not currently available.
- Eric Asimov, The New York Times
Why to buy: Brimming with bright red berries, violets and cola, this quartet of wines from a beloved Spanish producer showcases the food-friendly mencía, Garnacha and Carignan grapes at their best. The Bierzo region of Spain has become a critics’ darling and, like those from Priorat, they are just as wonderful without food, too.
Characteristics: All four of these wines—hailing from the Bierzo and Priorat appellations—have been awarded 91 or 92 points by Stephen Tanzer’s International Wine Cellar, and with good reason: All have in common notes of dark berries, cola and licorice that make them wonderful with all sorts of dishes, from seared duck to roast turkey. Those from Bierzo have more of a light minerality, thanks to the delicate mencía grape. Additionally, all have been aged briefly in French oak; owner Alvaro Palacios trained at Château Pétrus in Bordeaux, and his training shines in these elegant, superbly drinkable wines.
Here’s what you get:
- One 750 ml bottle of Descendientes de José Palacios Pétalos del Bierzo 2010
- One 750 ml bottle of Descendientes de José Palacios Villa de Corullón 2010
- One 750 ml bottle of Alvaros Palacios Camins del Priorat 2011
- One 750 ml bottle of Alvaro Palacios Les Terrasses Velles Vinyas 2010
One of nine children born to the owners of Rioja’s Palacios Remondo, Alvaro Palacios studied enology in Bordeaux at Ch. Pétrus. Today, his L’Ermita is widely considered one of the most important Spanish wines of the modern era.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Rare Wine Co which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AK, AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, RI, SC, SD, TN, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.