This product is not currently available.
Why to buy: Located in the north of the Côte de Nuits, Gevrey-Chambertin—the famous home of many Grand Crus—has been home to great vines since 630AD. This wine is aged in new oak for 14 to 18 months, and the result is a beautiful, ruby-red hue, a bouquet of black cherries, and a velvety texture that truly reflects the region’s terroir.
Characteristics: Reminiscent of black cherries and blackberries, licorice and the forest, this wine evolves into nutmeg, leather and even mushroomy notes. Its tannins are present but never astringent—this wine has a fairly low acidity—and is fresh and velvety at once. It drinks well now, but will be at its peak between 2014 and 2034.
Varietals: 100% Pinot Noir
At the tender age of 22, Joseph Drouhin, who hails from Chablis, came to Beaune and founded a wine company. His son Maurice succeeded him, purchasing land in outstanding appellations like Clos des Mouches. The company remains in family hands today.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Italian Wine Merchants which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, KS, LA, ME, MN, MO, NC, ND, NE, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, RI, SC, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.