This product is not currently available.
95 points - Antonio Galloni, Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate
[The 2008 Solaia] shows gorgeous depth and textural richness.”
93 points - Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate
Why to buy: Here is your chance to get two of the most famous and respected Tuscan wines from Italy's legendary Antinori family. They represent the very best that Tuscany has to offer - Guado al Tasso from Bolgheri on the Tuscan coast and Solaia from the famed Tignanello estate in the heart of Chianti Classico. The 2008 was not an easy vintage, but after a challenging start to the growing season Antinori had a fantastic harvest across their Tuscan estates. Both wines showcase Cabernet Sauvignon in their blends yet offer distinct and delicious flavors unique to their micro-climate and final blend.
Characteristics: Vibrant tannins are a hallmark of the 2008 Guado al Tasso, whose plums and cherries, mocha and espresso bloom both in the bouquet and on the palate. It has the structure to make it an excellent partner for a hearty winter stew or grilled steak dolloped with herb butter. With proper storage, this wine can also be cellared, making you very happy through 2028. The 2008 Solaia has similar characteristics—a lovely depth and texture—plus a core of blackberries and earth, and a hint of smokiness. Aged in 100% new oak, the Cabernet is balanced with a bit of Sangiovese and a touch of Cabernet Franc, distinguishing it from the Guado al Tasso. This brings more complexity with sweeter, softer tannins. Cellared, it will be even more robust between 2014-2024.
Guado al Tasso Varietals: 65% Cabernet Sauvignon, 20% Merlot, 12% Cabernet Franc, 3% Petit Verdot
Appellation: Bolgheri DOC Superiore
Solaia Varietals: 75% Cabernet Sauvignon, 20% Sangiovese, 5% Cabernet Franc
Appellation: Toscana IGT
Italy’s Antinori family has been making wine since 1180, and today Antinori is Italy’s best-known wineries. Their estate encompasses several different microclimates throughout Italy, where they grow grapes from Sangiovese to Sauvignon Blanc.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Italian Wine Merchants which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, KS, LA, ME, MN, MO, NC, ND, NE, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, RI, SC, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.