This product is not currently available.
95 points - Antonio Galloni, Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate
Why to buy: Marchesi Antinori had a fantastic year across the boards in 2008 (unlike many vintners). This particular wine, with its toasted oak and plums, cherries and espresso, drinks wonderfully now but is also an excellent addition to a cellar, as it will be fantastic from 2015-2028.
Characteristics: Vibrant tannins are a hallmark of the 2008 Guado al Tasso, whose plums and cherries, mocha and espresso bloom both in the bouquet and on the palate. Those same tannins help make this an excellent partner for a rich winter stew or steak dolloped with herb butter.
Varietals: 65% Cabernet Sauvignon, 20% Merlot, 12% Cabernet Franc, 3% Petit Verdot
Appellation: Bolgheri DOC Superiore
Italy’s Antinori family has been making wine since 1180, and today Antinori is Italy’s best-known wineries. Their estate encompasses several different microclimates throughout Italy, where they grow grapes from Sangiovese to Sauvignon Blanc.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Italian Wine Merchants which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, KS, LA, ME, MN, MO, NC, ND, NE, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, RI, SC, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.