This product is not currently available.
“The 1997 Salon is, in a word, magnificent.”
- Champagne critic Peter Liem
91 Points, Wine Spectator
Why to buy: Hailing from one of the world’s most famous vineyards (think: Krug), this Blanc de Blancs is a revelation. Lustrous in hue, with a fine, lively mousse, it delivers minerality balanced beautifully by white flowers and brioche, hazelnut and green apples. Salon’s chef de cave thinks the 1997 vintage is the best of its decade. It is a wonder of a Champagne.
Characteristics: Pearlescent gold in appearance, with a complex, ethereal nose, this wonderfully refined wine is intriguing. Its bouquet is bold, with a light minerality complemented by acacia, hawthorne, bread, and hints of hazelnuts, but on the palate it is extremely pure and restrained, with a divinely light mousse. As Antoni Galloni of Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate says, “Textural depth, brilliance and expressive inner perfume are the hallmarks of this gorgeous Blanc de Blancs.”
Varietals: 100% Chardonnay
Appellation: Le Mesnil-Sur-Oger, Champagne
Eugène-Aimé Salon, a Champagne connoisseur and bon vivant, was convinced that neither Pinot Noir nor Pinot Meunier was necessary to make fabulous Champagne. He created his extraordinary Blanc de Blancs from Le Mesnil-sur-Ogen Chardonnay grapes in 1911.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Italian Wine Merchants which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, KS, LA, ME, MN, MO, NC, ND, NE, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, RI, SC, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.