This product is not currently available.
Why to buy: Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate calls this “an undeniable sleeper of a vintage” and “the finest Dassault made to date.” Although it’s one of the few 2005 Bordeaux wines that can be drunk now, it will be even better in a decade—a stellar addition to your cellar.
Characteristics: Opulent and rich, this is a dense wine with a black robe and a very slight amber meniscus. Licorice, blueberries, raspberries, cherries and mocha linger in the bouquet, while the palate is simply grandiose—silky and full-bodied, lush and pure, with remarkably mellowed tannins.
Marcel Dassault bought Chateau Couperie in Saint-Emilion in 1955 because as he said, “I fell thoughtfully in love with it.” In 1969 the estate was elevated to Grand Cru Classé, and today Marcel’s grandson, Laurent, manages it.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Wine.com which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AK, AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, HI, ID, IL, KS, MD, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SD, TN, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.