This product is not currently available.
94 Points, Bruce Sanderson, Wine Spectator
Why to buy: Cult filmmaker David Lynch (Mulholland Drive, Twin Peaks) designed the label of this gorgeous Dom Pérignon Vintage 2003, a testament to the beauty that can result from hardship: Grapes touched by both frost and a scorching summer resulted in a simply extraordinary Champagne.
"Dom Pérignon Vintage 2003 will be marked by its intensity." - Richard Geoffroy, Chef de Cave, Creator of Dom Pérignon Vintages
Backstory: The collaboration between David Lynch and Dom Pérignon is a tribute from one exceptional creator to another. The surprising spring frosts of April 2003 gave way to a blazing summer in Champagne; it was the hottest the region had been in 53 years. Grapes that miraculously survived were ripe and healthy, like the famous harvests of 1947, 1959 and 1976. The resulting vintage has a depth of character and intensity that impressed Lynch, who spent days in a darkroom working on this masterful label.
Nose, palate and pairing: Reminiscent of the outstanding 1976 vintage, this wine's bouquet spirals through sweet, bright and floral notes before delivering the classic Dom Pérignon minerality. Notes of candied fruits and plants give way to dark hints of spice and licorice. The palate is tactile and intense, rather than simply aromatic; it starts as mild and delicate before building to a precise, confident minerality with a slight, refined bitterness. This is a Champagne for drinking alone on a special occasion, but thanks to its mineral notes, it is wonderful paired with oysters, too.
Chef de Cave Richard Geoffroy, the scion of a long line of Côte des Blanc winegrowers, was born in the heart of Champagne country. Named Dom Pérignon’s Chef de Cave in 1990, Geoffroy has been watching over the destiny of this legendary wine ever since.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Wine.com which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AK, AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, HI, ID, IL, KS, LA, MA, MD, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SD, TN, TX, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.