This product is not currently available.
The backstory: In 1864, when winemaker Alfred Gratien was just 23 years old, he burrowed 10 kilometers of underground tunnels in the limestone hills of Saumur, in France’s Loire Valley. Today, the Gratien estate winemakers continue to craft this Brut Rosé in those hills, where layers of limestone keep the cellars cool.
Nose, palate and pairing: Reflecting its geography, this lovely sparkling rosé has a bouquet of warm brioche toast and white flowers. On the palate, the wine is creamy, fresh with berries and zesty pepper (one of the defining characteristics of the Cabernet Franc grape, which also lends structure).
Varietals: 80% Cabernet Franc, 20% Grolleau
Appellation: A.O.C. Saumur
Founded in 1864 by Alfred Gratien, this house lies near Samur in the “white” Anjou region of the Loire Valley. There, the chalky white soil, known locally known as limestone tuffeau, helps the house produce a number of distinctive, A.O.C. wines made from Chenin Blanc, Chardonnay, Cabernet Franc, and Pinot Noir.
Once your order is processed, your wine will be shipped ground.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Wine.com which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AK, AZ, CA, CO, HI, ID, IL, MD, MO, MT, ND, NE, NH, NM, NV, OH, OR, PA, SD, TN, WA, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Use and Care
- Drink now through 2015
- Store at 50 - 60 F
- Serve at 47 - 50 F
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.