This product is not currently available.
Nose, palate and pairing: Vibrant aromas of ripe cherries are followed by a palate of sweet spice, violet and licorice. Look for a smooth, velvety finish. Serve with classic Italian meals like spaghetti and meatballs or eggplant Parmesean.
The backstory: Chianti is the region of Italy located in the stretch of hills between Florence and Siena. In 1716, the Grand Duke of Tuscany issued an edict recognizing only 4 villages the right to be officially recognized as producers of Chianti Classico. The zone was expanded in 1932 and was eventually granted it’s own DOCG designation, separate from the greater Chianti region. Chianti Classico wines are typically medium-bodied with floral, cherry and nutty notes.
Varietals: 100% Sangiovese
This family owned estate put Gavi back on the map after a rigorous overhaul which involved drastically reducing their yields, hiring Piemonte specialist Beppe Caviola as consulting oenologist and renovating their cellar. Today they are recognized as the preeminent Gavi producer with a stunning hotel and restaurant.
Once your order is processed, you'll receive an email from Gilt Taste notifying you of your ship date.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Wine.com which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AK, AZ, CA, CO, HI, ID, IL, MD, MO, MT, ND, NE, NH, NM, NV, OH, OR, PA, SD, TN, WA, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.