This product is not currently available.
Nose, palate and pairing: Musky floral notes distinguish this Riesling’s aroma. On the palate, there’s a mouth-watering contrast of citrus and cream. Pair this pretty, golden wine with anything from fresh salads to oily fish.
The backstory: “I won’t work with any synthetic materials since wine is something we put inside our body,” Thorsten Melsheimer says. Melsheimer and his wife farm their steeply terraced vineyards, which have been in the family for more than 200 years, entirely by hand using only traditional, organic methods, including wild yeast fermentation.
Varietals: 100% Riesling
Appellation: Qualitätswein Mosel-Saar-Ruwer
The Melsheimers have been growing grapes in the charming town of Reil for nearly 200 years. Many of their vineyards are protected and certified as “cultural landscape.” The estate produces only Riesling—a rarity in the Mosel, where most estates have diversified—but the intensity of their focus yields top quality wine, year after year.
Once your order is processed, your wine will be shipped ground.
We Love This With
With New Zealand King Salmon steaks, this Riesling sings. Raised in the fjords near the chilly Tasman sea, the salmon is highly prized for its deep orange color and singular, buttermilk flavor. When it comes to cooking fish this tasty, simplicity is best: to accentuate the wine’s notes of florals, citrus and cream, brush the meat with olive oil, salt, pepper and a generous squeeze of lemon or orange. Roast or grill and garnish with freshly chopped tarragon, parsley and chives.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Wine.com which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, HI, ID, IL, KS, MD, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SD, TN, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Use and Care
- Drink now through 2013
- Store at 50 - 55 F
- Serve at 47 - 55 F
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.