This product is not currently available.
The backstory: This appellation has been producing wine for a long, long time. The pre-Roman winemaking history of the region attracted even the Popes who took residence at Avignon. In 1737, a royal mandate charged that all casks from the area be branded with the letters “CDR”; this was the very first authentication system in France and it would take 200 years before a winegrower obtained legal recognition of the Côtes du Rhône appellation under current AOC system.
Nose, palate, pairing:
- Saint-Joseph La Ferme des Sept Lunes 2010: Lively, pure and intense with peppery and fruity aromas. Serve it with smoked pork, grilled steaks or saucy brisket.
- CDR Cotes du Rhone 2010: This wine evokes its Mediterranean terroir with an impressively complex, juicy palate of red fruit and a hint of herbs. It’s structured and fresh. We love it with goat cheese, all-day stews and braised lamb.
In this collection:
- 3 bottles of Saint-Joseph La Ferme des Sept Lunes 2010
- 3 bottles of CDR Cotes du Rhone 2010
The Gilt Taste Wine team searches across the world for the most coveted wines to share with you. The best part of our job is selecting wine that will add meaning to your cellar and your table. Pulled together from different producers, our Collections will delight and impress even the most discerning wine connoisseurs.
Once your order is processed, you'll receive an email from Gilt Taste notifying you of your ship date.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Wine.com which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, HI, ID, IL, KS, MD, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SD, TN, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.