This product is not currently available.
Cerasuolo di Vittoria 2008 - 91 points, Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate
Why to buy: COS is the producer of natural wines in Sicily. This small estate has re-defined the island’s wine reputation by crafting incredibly nuanced and elegant wines that taste distinctly of the Mediterranean. This six-pack includes three of their sensual reds including the wine that launched the estate onto the international scene, their Nero di Lupo 2008.
Nose, palate and pairing:
Nero di Lupo 2008: Ruby red to garnet with aromas of cherries, tobacco, leather and spice. On the palate, it’s rich, but not heavy, and has notes of ripe black fruit, minerals and earth. Drink this wine with grilled game and cured meats.
Cerasuolo di Vittoria PITHOS 2010: Aged in amphora (large terracotta vases buried in the ground) for seven months, the deep ruby red wine is allowed to begin its own life and show what it means to be Sicilian with its aromas and flavors of cherries ("Cerasuolo" is derived from cirasa which is cherry in Sicilian dialect), wild herbs, dried blood oranges and dried flowers. This medium bodied wine has a finish for days and is a gorgeous pairing with roasted meats with plenty of herbs. We love it with lamb.
Cerasuolo di Vittoria 2008: Dried cherry, chocolate, smoke and spice on the nose of this deep ruby colored wine. It’s medium bodied and soft, gives cherry, truffle and smoky flavors in the mouth with a long finish. We love this wine with fish and chips.
The backstory: COS, founded in 1980 by three partners, set out to challenge what had become the norm in Sicilian winemaking. Through biodynamic farming and the use of clay amphora for fermentation, COS has become a “natural wine” icon and produces some of the most well regarded and exciting wines from the region.
What the critics say:"This is quite possibly the finest set of wines I have ever tasted from COS. Readers owe it to themselves to check out these ambitious wines, many of which also deliver phenomenal value...." - The Wine Advocate
The Gilt Taste Wine team searches across the world for the most coveted wines to share with you. The best part of our job is selecting wine that will add meaning to your cellar and your table. Pulled together from different producers, our Collections will delight and impress even the most discerning wine connoisseurs.
Once your order is processed, you'll receive an email from Gilt Taste notifying you of your ship date.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Wine.com which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, HI, ID, IL, KS, MD, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SD, TN, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.