This product is not currently available.
Wine 101: Explore the Loire Valley with this trio of whites. Each comes from a different appellation in the valley: Vouvray, Sancerre and Pouilly Fume. The home of Chenin Blanc and Sauvignon Blanc, the Loire Valley is know for its clay and limestone “white” soils that give its wines a naturally high acidity and a flinty minerality.
Nose, palate and pairing:
Clos Palet Vouvray 2011: Made from 100% Chenin Blanc, this wine has a floral nose with hints of fresh almonds. It is medium bodied and well balanced on the palate. Pour it chilled with grilled fish, lemon roasted chicken or charred pork chops.
Couronne et Lions Pouilly Fume 2010: Pale yellow in color with silvery shimmer, this 100% Sauvignon Blanc is super aromatic with gooseberries and freshly cut grass. The palate is zippy at first, but then lends to crisp, fruity flavors of a classic Sauvignon Blanc. We love this wine with seasonal crudite, a creamy, cheesy quiche or roasted turkey club sandwich.
Brochard Sancerre Blanc 2011: Here’s a wine that will age well. It’s 100% Sauvignon Blanc that’s dry, fruity and the perfect match for freshly shucked oysters, traditional shrimp cocktail or tangy cheeses like a crottin of fresh goat cheese.
In this collection:
Clos Palet Vouvray 2011
Couronne et Lions Pouilly Fume 2010
Brochard Sancerre Blanc 2011
The Gilt Taste Wine team searches across the world for the most coveted wines to share with you. The best part of our job is selecting wine that will add meaning to your cellar and your table. Pulled together from different producers, our Collections will delight and impress even the most discerning wine connoisseurs.
Once your order is processed, you'll receive an email from Gilt Taste notifying you of your ship date.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Wine.com which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AK, AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, HI, ID, IL, KS, MD, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SD, TN, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Use and Care
- Receive $50 Jetsetter credit, valid on jetsetter.com (excluding Gilt, Gilt Taste, Gilt City and Park & Bond), excluding taxes and service fees, when you spend $150 or more on Gilt Taste's Uncorked Collection between 12pm on July 17, 2012 and 11:59pm on July 27, 2012. Credit will be placed into your account by 11:59pm July 31, 2012 and will be valid through 11:59pm July 31, 2013. Offer may be suspended or terminated at any time. Credit is non-transferable and may only be used by the account holder. Credit cannot be used for Gift card purchases.
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.