May 28 2013 - Jun 3 2013
Sommelier Selection: "An epic wine from an epic vintage." - Jeff Porter, Wine Director of Mario Batali's New York Times 4-Star Del Posto
The backstory: Borgongno is Barolo's most historic producer, and its wines were selected for the official dinner celebrating Italian Unification in 1861. "Fast forward to 2009 and the estate is continuing to produce historic wines," says Del Posto's Wine Director, Jeff Porter. "One of the many amazing facets of wine is history. From the ancient Romans to today the Italian peninsula has shown the world how to enjoy wine to the fullest extent. The Borgogno family is no different."
Nose, palate and pairing: Full-bodied and dry, this classic nebbiolo is beautifully complex: you'll find notes of cherry, smoke, sweet tea, and a touch of earth. Garnet ruby in color, she'll look stunning in the glass next to a classic cacio e pepe – fresh pasta tossed with salt, pepper and showered with a hard Italian cheese like pecornio.
Grape: 100% Nebbiolo
Appellation: Piedmont, Italy
Served at some of the most important moments in Italian history, the Barolo from Giacomo Borgogno is backed by centuries of acclaim. Founded in 1761, their library of wines is often called the “museum of Barolo.” The estate farms 20 hectares of world-renowned vineyards in areas like Cannubi, Liste, Fossati and San Pietro.
Once your order is processed, you'll receive an email from Gilt Taste notifying you of your ship date.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Wine.com which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, HI, ID, IL, KS, MD, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SD, TN, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.