May 29 2013 - Jun 4 2013
- Ruth Reichl, Gilt Taste Editorial Advisor
Why to buy: In the heavily German-settled region of Alto Adige in northern Italy, J. Hofstätter makes some of the most exciting, unusual and critically acclaimed wines in the world. Be the first of your friends to showcase special region at your next dinner party. This is a wine to build a menu around.
Nose, palate and pairing: We love this wine's gorgeous bouquet of white flowers and grapefruit, mineral balance and mouthwatering acidity. This is a white wine that can stand up to grilled pork chops, peach-and-basil salad, and steamed artichokes with garlic aioli.
Appellation: Alto Adige, Italy Varietals: 100% Pinot Bianco
This century old estate extends over the slopes on either side of the Alto Adige valley. Today, Martin Foradori, Hofstatter’s grand-nephew, is the winemaker; Foradori harnesses the unique character of the alpine soil and climate to create singular wines, including Pinot Nero, Pinot Bianco, and lesser known varietals like Lagrein.
Once your order is processed, you will receive an email from Gilt Taste confirming your ship date.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Wine.com which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, HI, ID, IL, KS, MD, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SD, TN, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.