May 28 2013 - May 29 2013
Here's what you get:
- Four frozen, vegetable quiches (about 4 oz each)
Trained pastry chef Marie Connell and her (cookie-loving) husband Tom work out of a former piano factory cooking from scratch right down to the real butter and lemon juice in the crusts that crisscross their beautiful pies.
After your order is processed, your baked goods will be shipped for overnight delivery with cold gel packs in a thermal bubble mailer. MyHouse ships Monday through Wednesday. You will receive an email from Gilt Taste notifying you of your ship date.
Why We Love It
The Philadelphia Inquirer followed Marie Connell around one morning in July 2010, marveling at the caliber of the Pennsylvanian cook’s homemade pies and baked goods. Marie and her staff hand-make these pies right down to dotting butter on their lattice crusts. They support local vendors, buying their chocolate chips in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, and picking up vegetables from farmer friends. Their goods are “not exactly polished or refined,” but rather are the essence of homemade. And that’s what we think makes them so tasty.
You Need to Know
Use and Care
- Keep frozen for up to three months, or thaw in refrigerator for up to one week
- Place quiche on parchment-lined sheet pan and bake in 300 degree oven until thoroughly heated
- Flour, butter, water, lemon juice, cream, milk, eggs, swiss cheese, spinach, mushrooms, red bell pepper, salt, pepper, nutmeg
Method of Production
- Contains wheat and dairy
- Made in a facility that produces products with nuts
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.