This product is not currently available.
93 points, Wine Advocate
91 points, Wine Spectator
The backstory: To make these wines, cousins Hein and Adi Badenhorst revived a family farm in Paardeberg, South Africa, that was last used in the 1930s to make natural wines in the traditional manner. The 40-year-old vines are unirrigated and farmed as biologically as possible, and all fruit is hand-harvested. No crushing or destemming takes place, and ambient yeasts are used in fermentation. The resulting wines showcase the regions terroir in the most honest and bold way.
Nose, palate and pairing: You’ll find aromas of pepper, liquorice, and juicy black cherries on the nose, and dense, dark berry fruits on the palate. This is a bold wine with well-balanced tannins, and a friend to dry aged steaks or grilled lamb.
Varietals: 80% Shiraz, 10% Mourvèdre, 7% Cinsaut, 3% Grenache
Region: Paardeberg, South Africa
Cousins Hein and Adi Badenhorst restored a neglected cellar on their farm in order to make their traditional, natural wines. Adi says, "we’re using what we can afford. We are making the best wines we can. And we are having great experiences."
Once your order is processed, your wine will be shipped UPS Ground.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Wine.com which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, HI, ID, IL, KS, MD, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SD, TN, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Use and Care
- Drink now through 2016
- Store at 50 - 60 F
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.