This product is not currently available.
94 points, Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate
Put this in your cellar. It's going to be great with time.
-Jeffrey Porter, Wine Director at Del Posto
Why to buy: The 2006 vintage offers tremendous quality, style and value and garnered awesome scores from the critics.
Nose, palate and pairing: Strong, structured and opulently perfumed, this Barolo opens to the tune of red cherries, tobacco leaf and spice. Firm tannins and vibrant acidity are on the palate. Pair it with a rib roast, anything smothered in gravy or a charcuterie board.
Backstory: From the renowned Margheria vineyard (Massolino has another equally well-regarded site named Parafada) where there is limestone, sandy soil, foggy mornings and a long growing season. All of the Massolino Barolo are aged in large casks and endure long, slow fermentations. Collectors who buy this wine should also take note of the Massolino 2006 Parafada Barolo; it's also delicious and redolent of lavender and stewed black fruit.
Varietals: 100% Nebbiolo
Founded over a century ago, Massolino-Vigna Rionda is a fourth generation, family-owned estate with has a reputation for crafting quality wines like Barolos to Moscato d’Asti.
Once your order is processed, your wine will be shipped ground
We Love This With
Slow-cooked meals, with slowly melded flavors, deserve a wine that’s equally complex with a touch of age. If Barolo is the king of Italian reds, then brisket (in this country anyway) is the king of slow-cooked meat. Slowly braised with garlic, tomato paste, prosciutto and wine, a prime cut of brisket unleashes a wealth of aromas and flavors that accentuate the famously complex Barolo.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Wine.com which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, HI, ID, IL, KS, MD, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SD, TN, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Use and Care
- Drink now through 2035
- Store at 50 - 60 F
- Serve at 55 - 65 F
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.