May 24 2013 - May 31 2013
Why you should buy: Only 330 cases of this rare dessert wine were made by one of the finest estates in Northern Italy.
Nose, palate and pairing: Amber in color, this full-bodied wine has notes of toffee, butterscotch, almonds and citrus blossom on the nose. The palate has got lingering, well-rounded flavors of hazelnuts, pear and honey. Serve this wine cold with fruit and buttery pastries.
The backstory: Dried in the sun for eight weeks after harvest, the juices in these grapes is sweet and concentrated far before press and fermentation begin. La Roncaia, a partnership between winemaker Tibor Gal and the Fantinel family—a family known for their lovely Prosecco—crafts traditional Friulian wines of the highest caliber.
Varietals: 100% Verduzzo
Appellation: DOCG Friuli Venezia Giulia
La Roncaia farms twenty-two hectares of vineyards in one of Italy’s most prestigious DOC zones, the Collo Orientali del Friuli. There, along the region’s rolling hills, the estate produces its highly sought after wines made from native varieties, like Cabernet Franc, Verduzzo, Pignolo and Pinot Grigio.
Once your order is processed, your wine will be ground shipped to you.
We Love This With
Talk about a match made in heaven. Topped with whole pears and a creamy amaretto filling, this Bosc Pear Tart has the goods to take this rare Ramandolo to unforgettable heights. Even its buttery, shortbread crust gets to work, drawing out the round, nutty flavors in this lusciously sweet Verduzzo. This pair has a festive spirit: after the Chateaubriand has been devoured, chill down the wine and serve in dainty glasses with a slice of this memorable tart.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Wine.com which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: CT, DC, DE, KS, MI, MN, NJ, NY, RI, VT, WI, WV
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Use and Care
- Drink now through 2013
- Store at 50 - 60 F
- Serve at 55 - 65 F
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.