May 28 2013 - Jun 3 2013
Nose, palate and pairing: With an unusual, brilliant golden color, this wine has notes of dried apricots, flowers and honey and lime on the nose. Melons, pears and spice emerge on the palate, along with soft mineral notes. The finish is long and fresh.
The backstory: These grapes are harvested late, allowing their juices to sweeten and concentrate, before undergoing a gentle press and a fermentation period of 45 days in stainless steel tanks. Les Cretes is one of the few privately owned estates in Villa d’Aosta; and their Chardonnay has been called the best in Italy.
Varietals: 100% Muscat Petit Grain
Appellation: Valle d’Aosta DOC
The producer of what is often described as the best white wine made in Italy, Les Cretes was founded in 1989 by sixth generation Valle d’Aostan winemaker Costantino Charrère. Today he is joined by his family who shares his passion. The vineyard cultivation is based on a great respect for the soil and the ecosystem.
Once your order is processed, your wine will be ground shipped to you.
We Love This With
If all those cookies have your sweet tooth begging for break, swap out desserts for a platter of cheeses. We like a ripe, aged number with this complex wine. It’s fresh finish is a fine match for a cheese with some funk.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Wine.com which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: CT, DC, DE, KS, MI, MN, NJ, NY, RI, VT, WI, WV
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Use and Care
- Drink now through 2018
- Store at 50 - 55 F
- Serve at 47 - 55 F
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.