$0.05 - $4.95
May 24 2013 - May 31 2013
The Wine Advocate, 96 points
Decanter Magazine, 5 stars
Why to buy: Sommeliers often say that Barolo is to Burgundy as Brunello is to Bordeaux (meaning that if you love the powerful layers of complexity in an aged Burgundy, a Barolo with a few years in the bottle should be your go-to Italian choice). 2004 was an extraordinary vintage for this venerable Barolo producer, earning 90+ points from a host of publications. Considering the sky-high prices of other Barolo, this one is a great deal: After almost a decade in the bottle, the strongly structured wine is drinking gorgeously now, lively with fruit balanced by a smoky, earthy backbone.
Varietals: 100% Nebbiolo
Nose: Plums and berries with a hint of meat
Palate: Sweet cherries, tobacco and firm tannins
Appellation: Barolo DOCG
What the pros say: "The wine is classic Barolo with its balance of power and elegance wrapped into 750 milliliters of pure joy and love."- Jeffrey Porter, Wine Director, Del Posto
Founded over a century ago, Massolino-Vigna Rionda is a fourth generation, family-owned estate with has a reputation for crafting quality wines like Barolos to Moscato d’Asti.
Once your order is processed, your wine will be shipped ground.
We Love This With
If Barolo is Northern Italy’s signature red, osso buco is its signature dish. Like foie grois and sauternes, or caviar and champagne, the two are meant to be. A slow-cooked meal, lush with layers of flavor deserves a wine that’s equally complex and better still, with a touch of age. D’Artagnan’s Veal Osso Buco is easy to prepare as it arrives ready to braise.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Wine.com which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, HI, ID, IL, KS, MD, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SD, TN, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Use and Care
- Drink now through 2015
- Store at 50 - 60 F
- Serve at 55 - 65 F
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.