This product is not currently available.
Best Buy, Wine & Spirits
Why to buy: When it comes to Pinot Noir, Italy's Alto Adige region is a rising star, delivering quality and in the case of this bottle, truly exceptional value.
Nose, palate and pairing: This medium-bodied Italian pinot noir is elegant and brightly layered with red cherries, cedar, and spice. This is an incredibly versatile wine; we love it served with Italian foods, naturally, especially tomato-rich pastas or a whole roasted pork loin with spring's best vegetables.
Varietals: 100% Pinot Nero
Nose: Layers of red cherry, dark tea, and smoke
Palate: Medium-bodied with red cherries and brown spice
Appellation: Alto Adige D.O.C.
This century old estate extends over the slopes on either side of the Alto Adige valley. Today, Martin Foradori, Hofstatter’s grand-nephew, is the winemaker; Foradori harnesses the unique character of the alpine soil and climate to create singular wines, including Pinot Nero, Pinot Bianco, and lesser known varietals like Lagrein.
Once your order is processed, your wine will be shipped ground.
We Love This With
When it comes to pairing wine and food, Pinot Noir is of the most versatile and forgiving of choices, especially when it’s subtle but fresh, like the Hofstatter Pinot Nero Mezcan. Layered with red cherries, forest, and earth, it’s a lovely companion for white and dark meat, which all but solves the turkey conundrum. Serve this wine with a flavorful piece of thigh or slice of turkey breast to satisfy everyone’s needs.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Wine.com which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, HI, ID, IL, KS, MD, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SD, TN, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Use and Care
- Drink now through 2018
- Store at 50 - 60 F
- Serve at 55 - 65 F
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.