This product is not currently available.
92 points, Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate
“Remarkable,” LA Times
Sommelier Selection "The producer of what is often described as the best white wine made in Italy, Les Crêtes was founded by sixth generation winemaker Costantino Charrère. The family mantra is to make pure wines that represent the cool, steeply sloped, rocky Alps of the Italy’s smallest region." - Jeff Meisel, Gilt Taste Wine Director
Why to buy: Stainlesss-steel aged Chardonnay from Italy’s Northwest mountain region Valle d’Aosta – a politically autonomous zone surrounded by the French Alps, Switzerland's Mont Blanc ski resorts and gorgeous Piedmont – this unusual wine is highly coveted state-side. It's a European vacation in a bottle. An affordable luxury.
Nose, palate and pairing: The alpine’s relatively harsh climate strongly influences these wines: the grapes are harvested late in the growing season when they are bursting with flavor. In the glass you’ll find notes of ripe melon and papaya, stony minerality and a pop of acidity. Pair with Italian mountain cheeses like Fontina or crunchy crostini slicked with rich pork lardo.
Appellation: Valle d’Aosta DOC, Italy
Grapes: 100% Chardonnay
Fermentation Method: Stainless steel tanks
Terroir: Sandy soil on a glacial base, 600-85- meters above sea level, 65% north-facing and 35%-south-facing vines
Les Crêtes is one of only a few privately owned commercial wineries and the most well-known in the alpine valley close to Mont Blanc. Sixth Generation winemaker Constantino Charrère focuses great respect for the soil with technical innovations to support the terroir.
When necessary, your wine will be shipped in a temperature-controlled, refrigerated truck to a carrier hub close to you. You will receive tracking information once your wine leaves the carrier hub.
You Need to Know
- By placing an order, you represent that you are at least 21 years of age; someone 21 years or older must be present to sign on delivery.
- Products are sold by Wine.com which is the seller of record--all taxes and shipping fees are collected on its behalf.
- Products may not be resold by customers.
- In order to protect the provenance of the products during extreme weather conditions, the seller may delay shipment until better conditions exist. Neither Gilt nor the seller is responsible for those delays.
- Quantity limits may apply. You will be notified if your order cannot be completed due to any state restrictions.
- Due to state restrictions and seller’s licenses, the products shown may be shipped to the following states: AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, HI, ID, IL, KS, MD, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SD, TN, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY
- Customers often prefer to ship packages containing alcohol to a business address where an adult will be available.
- If the delivery date needs to be extended beyond the delivery window shown, you must notify customer service within 24 hours of your order.
- If visibly intoxicated, you will not be allowed to receive the delivery.
Freshness and Quality Commitment
This item is final sale and non-returnable. Gilt Taste is committed to offering quality products that are fresh, honest and inspiring.